Abilene CHAMPions Hospitality Training
Help provide customers and visitors with a positive and unique Abilene experience through the Abilene Convention & Visitors Bureau’s CHAMPions Service and Destination Training LIVE or online program(updated site coming soon). Increase your knowledge of the city and surrounding areas as well as enhance your customer service skills, by becoming an Abilene CHAMPion.
What’s in it for you, the business owner?
- Detailed training for employees with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and getting to know the community
- Online training (coming soon) allows for limited time away from work for employees
- Designation on Abilene CVB website as an Abilene CHAMPions Service Certified business after 85% of employees have completed certification
- Obtain feedback from mystery shopper experiences and online customer surveys
What’s in it for you as an employee?
- Increased customer service skills that can be carried into any industry
- Better understanding of your job and community
- Add certification to your resume
- More customers as your reputation for excellent hospitality grows
- Potential increase in sales and tips through greater customer satisfaction
June 22, 2017
I was super excited for the CHAMPions LIVE Destination & Hospitality Training because I had just moved to the area a few months prior, and had not yet been to some of Abilene's biggest attractions. It was so awesome to get a
behind-the-scenes experience at each place and learn about their histories and plans for the future. I was able to share what I learned with my teams, and brainstorm ways we could partner with these organizations and
encourage our hotel guests to visit these amazing places. It was a real treat to be able to go to so many special places all in one day. It was educational and a blast! I am super grateful for Meredith for giving
us the opportunity to see these attractions through the eyes of a visitor!
Director of Market Sales
Abilene Fairfield Inn & Suites
I just wanted to thank you for conducting the LIVE Abilene Champions - Destination & Hospitality Training - being new to Abilene I was unaware of all the entertainment this wonderful town had to offer. I really enjoyed feeding the giraffes at the zoo, learning about Abilene's history at the Grace Museum, getting a feel for the old west at Frontier Texas and especially touring the 12th Armored Division Memorial. It was a great day meeting other hoteliers and I learned so much! I am now able to give a detailed description of these locations to guests and potential clients. Thank you so much for putting this together, it was a great help!
Hilton Garden Inn