August Artwalk - Honk for Heroes!
- 220 Cypress St.
Abilene, TX 79601
- Thursday, August 13, 2020-Thursday, August 13, 2020
- Meet at 5:30 p.m. Parade starts at 5:45 p.m.
ArtWalk is a monthly mini arts festival downtown hosted by the Center for Contemporary Arts. Bring the entire family to historic downtown where restaurants, shops, museums, galleries, and entertainment await! Adult Beverages will be available for purchase thanks to The Local. Special thanks to Lone Star Dry Goods for sponsoring live music by Della Rose from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.!
Join the parade! A horn-honking procession will honor workers who've been on the front lines during the pandemic, everyone in Abilene is invited to join. Decorate your vehicles, signs, and come up with any other way to show your support for these workers. The Center will have prizes for the best-decorated vehicles and signs!. Meet at the fareast side of the Westgate Town Center parking lot at 5:30 pm (4365 S. 1st St.). The route will drive by the following locations where workers will be outside to hear horns honking:
- County Law Enforcement Center on S. 1st St.
- Station 1 on Grape St.
- Medical Center on Pine St.
- Cypress Street where all other front-line workers (grocery store employees, utility workers, etc.) are invited to space out 6 feet apart with masks along the sidewalk.
The Center for Contemporary Arts will be open until 8 p.m. after the parade for anyone who wants to see the latest exhibits. Visitors are asked to wear masks and space 6 feet apart.
- Historic Downtown Abilene