Abilene State Park
- 150 Park Road 32
Buffalo Gap, TX
This scenic park covers 1,612 acres along Elm Creek. Once a resting place for the Comanche Indians, visitors now find:
- Modern camping and recreational facilities
- Hiking and nature trails
- Picnic sites, game area and children’s playground
- Large swimming pool and a children’s pool - Open Memorial Day to Labor Day [Wed. - Sun, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.]
- Photo opportunities and wildlife observation
- Bicycle riding, fishing pond and lake
Entry Fees: $5-Ages 13 and over; $3-Texas residents Ages 65+ (Texas residents with Parkland Pass)
Camping Details: 41-wheeled camper/tent sites; 36-group trailer sites; 12-water only tent sites; 3 full hook-ups; 8-screened shelters; 2-air conditioned recreation halls; and 3-yurts. Prices vary per type of site.
- Day Use, Overnight
- Detailed Capacity
Two air-conditioned recreation halls are used for family reunions.