Dyess Memorial Museum and Dyess Linear Air Park
- Arnold Blvd. & Military Dr.
Abilene, TX 79605
Abilene is proud to serve as home to Dyess Air Force Base, housing the 7th Bomb Wing with two B1-B Lancer squadrons and the 317th Airlift Group with two C-130 squadrons. The museum features many exciting artifacts regarding the life of Lt. Col. Dyess and the history of Dyess Air Force Base and Abilene Army Airfield. The Air Park has 34 US Air Force and Army Air Corps historic aircraft on static display along a linear path that will take you through SAC aircraft, cargo planes, fighters and more.
- Guided tours of the Linear Air Park inside the Air Force base can be requested from 8 am to 2 pm weekdays.
- Stop at the Museum at Arnold Blvd and Military Drive and the Museum Curator will summon the Air Park Curator to help guests enter the base. (The staff arrives at 7:30 am.)
- It is suggested to call the Museum at 325-696-2099 to begin the initial process for the Guided Tour.
- Keep one open seat in your vehicle for the Air Park Curator to accompany guests for a guided tour.
- Facemasks are encouraged.
- Groups can be no larger than 5 adults.
- Enjoy seeing the largest static display of historic aircraft in the country. Take a virtual tour here.
- Follow them on Facebook to see military history and great images!
- Dyess Memorial Museum and Park, Open weekdays 9:30 am to 4:30 pm; Dyess Linear Air Park, Guided tours can be requested from 8 am to 2 pm weekdays