Street Closing Information

Contact the City of Abilene Public Works Department to obtain a street use license,  325-676-6489. Once the license is approved, the event planner needs to rent barricades from Contractor Service Co., 325-692-4317.

If law enforcement is needed, contact the Abilene Police Department, 325-676-6530. Usually, a charge of the over-time rate is calculated. For simple closures, the police department needs about two weeks notice. For closures of major arteries, it is best to begin 6 months prior to event.

Return to the Conventions and Meetings Planning Page