Holiday Cheer in Abilene
Top Things To Do In Abilene Over The Holidays
Abilene is filled with holiday cheer and exciting things to do during the break.Take a peek at our Calendar of Events for all the details!
Holiday Themed Events
- Can you save Santa in under 60 minutes? Find out at the Christmas Escape Room!
- Enjoy hay rides through the Christmas Light display, have your photo taken with Santa, snow every hour on the hour, food trucks, S'mores on open fires, create your own Christmas ornaments and other arts at Christmas at the Farm.
- Grab your ugly Christmas sweaters and head to Fat Bosses Pub to benefit local non-profits.
- Grab a cocktail and enjoy in your ugliest Christmas sweater at Amendment 21.
- Head to the National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature to learn the history of how it came to be and the magic of the book Santa Calls.
Outdoor Light Displays
- 124+ outdoor displays can be seen when you drive through Christmas Lane.
- Stroll through Everman Park in downtown Abilene to witness the colorful Christmas lights and Storybook Statues dressed in holiday Cheer.
- A short step down Cypress St. will land you in Minter Park, to see a light show on the waterfall wall.
- Meander through the Adamson Spalding Storybook Garden to sit with Wilbur and see their special Christmas lights display.
- Drive down historic Sayles Blvd., or head to the neighborhood of Fairway Oaks to see homes decorated in their best displays.
New Year’s Events
- Dress your best (formal attire required) and step back in time at Amendment 21’s Masquerade Party to ring in the new year.
- Put on your boots and two-step to Curtis Grimes at the Firehouse Grill and Bar.
- Dance the night away to your favorite station and ring in the new year at The Mill’s Silent Dance Party.
- Experience downtown Abilene’s newest venue at the Ready or Not NYE Soft Launch Party!
- Bundle up and head to the Historic Paramount Theatre for a screening of Big to ring in the new year!
- Start the year with a Resolution First Day Hike at the Abilene State Park.